There have been several books and articles written on the first written constitution of madina. The following is a start of a collection on books and articles written in English. If there are any books missing do not hesitate to submit the title to us to be added.
There have been several books written on the actual historic and most significant document of the modern day as well as various comparisons and affects of this document to the wider world.
- The ‘Constitution of Medina’: Muhammad’s First Legal Document by Michael Lecker, 2004, The Darwin Press
- Constitutional Analysis of the Constitution of Madina by Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, 2000, Minhaj-ul-Quran Publications
- The First written constitution in the world; An important document of the time of the Holy Prophet, Dr Muhammad Hamidullah, 1975
- The First Written Constitution in the World by Dr Muhammad Hamidullah, 1941 (England) and 1968 (Pakistan), Sh. Muhammad Ashraf
Articles in Journals/Books
- The Constitution of Medina: A Sociolegal Interpretation of Muhammad’s Acts of Foundation of the Umma, by Arjomand, S.A., 2009, Cambridge University Press
- The Medina Charter: A Historical Case of Conflict Resolution by Yetkin Yildirim, 2009, Taylor & Francis
- The ‘Constitution of Medina’: Muhammad’s First Legal Document by Michael Lecker, 2008, Oxford University Press
- Peace and Conflict Resolution in the Medina Charter by Yetkin Yildirim, 2006, Routledge
- Commentary on the Constitution of Medina, by Liaqat Ali Khan, 2006, AltaMira
- The Compact of Medina: A Constitutional Theory of the Islamic State, by M. A. Muqtedar Khan, 2001
- The Constitution of Medina: A Reconsideration, by Moshe Gil, 1974, Israel Oriental Studies
- Islamic Universalism and the Constitution of Medina, by John S. Romanides, 1968